Recently opening their doors in early 2021 after performing a complete remodel of the space, Adrian's Place is a community hub located in Santa Monica offering recreational, social and academic programs for teens and young transitional-aged adults tailored to meet their abilities. Adrian’s Place is for families, friends, caregivers and professionals; social service directors, activity instructors and occupational therapists - to come together to support loved ones that require additional support and attention.
Green highlights include:
- Energy efficiency: LED lights and natural sunlight facility wide. APSM HVAC system is serviced monthly with new filters
- Pollution Prevention: high touch surfaces are wiped down regularly with a peroxide based sanitizer approved by the EPA List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Sustainable Purchasing Policy commits to sourcing paper products containing 30-100% post-consumer waste (PCW)
- Green cleaners manufactured by companies such as Seventh Generation and Bio-Kleen
- Unbleached or oxygen whitened paper towels and napkins containing PCW
- Outsource printing with California Green Press for letterhead items such as business cards – ensuring the use of low VOC and/or soy based inks, and high post-consumer waste content
Adrian’s Place is committed to using reusable dishware and providing plant-based/vegan options for meetings and company events. Adrian’s Place chose to purchase 100% renewable power from California’s Clean Power Alliance, Santa Monica’s local community choice aggregation (CCA) provider.